One customer at a time
Modernizing the Municipal Infrastructure,
Viva Automation’s primary focus is to provide engineering services to Municipalities targeting the modernization of their automation infrastructure with the goal of reducing operational costs and simplification of tasks.
Viva Automation provides design, programming, commissioning, training and support of Automation equipment (Instrumentation & Controls) for Water Treatment Plants, Wastewater Treatment Plants, Water Pump Stations, PRV Stations (Pressure Reducing Valves) as well as Wastewater Lift Stations.
We currently service the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta as well as Yukon Territory.
Automation / Electrical Design
Viva Automation’s expertise in Instrumentations & Controls Engineering Design would enable Municipalities generate clear and concise project specifications that will eliminate Contractor change orders and consequently project cost overruns.
- Electrical substation design
- Control Panel design
- Instrumentation & Controls equipment design (drawings, bill of materials, brand / model performance & reliability)
- Network (LAN, WAN) design - wired (copper, fiber), wireless (radio, dial-up, cellular)
- System Integration design
- Functional / Operational / Controls Narrative
- Omissions and irrelevant equipment / processes
An Automation Master Plan is required in order to allow Municipalities budget for any major system upgrades. Depending on the client’s financial capabilities, an upgrade can be performed under a single project / phase or several projects spanning over multiple years.
- System Assessment
- Task Scheduling
- Bill of Materials
- Yearly budget assignment
Considering ourselves Instrumentations & Controls System Integration Experts, we can work with Municipalities throughout the lifecycle of a project regardless of its size. Here are the areas of our expertise:
- Radio (Path Study, Radio / Antenna Selection, Performance Analysis, Communication Security)
- Physical Security (Perimeter Alarming, Video Surveillance)
- PLC / RTU / DCS controllers – all brands supported (local / remote / distributed, data exchange, process control, redundancy)
- SCADA / HMI – all brands supported (Configuration, Graphics, Historical Data, Remote Access, View Nodes, Web Servers, Redundancy, Reporting)
- Alarming (Voice / email / SMS messaging)
- Instrumentation (transducers, analytical equipment, sensors)
- VFD / Soft Starter – PLC / SCADA connection
- Generators, UPS, Transfer Switches, Transformers, Breakers, Power Quality Monitoring, Load Balancing / Shedding - Substation control, Data exchange
- Protocol Converters and Multi-Vendor data exchange
- AutoCAD, Revit Drawings